Water Tank buckling inwards | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Water Tank buckling inwards in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

P

plumbinguser

Hi

I have a large hot water tank (cistern?) that is heated by boiler and water solar.

There was a large noise and looking at the tank it is no longer circular but buckled in a bit in a few places. I cannot understand this as it would indicate more pressure externally than internally which is full of water.

Any ideas on what can cause this and what I need to get it sorted?

Regards
Colin

turn off the boiler now, pop upto the attic, turn off the cold supply going into the bigger of the 2 water storage cisterns, if you can see a tap, tie up the ball valve so it cant refill, this is assuming you have an open vented system. if the cylinder thats buckled has no tanks in the roof, as it is an unvented cyl, turn off the cold supply to the cylinder next to it.

Call a plumber forthwith to attend first thing......... your cylender has got a vacuum in it somehow, and needs changing before it splits.

photos would help!!

Hi

It had a small buckle in the past and the plumber I called in did not know what caused it. It is an unvented system.

The pictures are attached

Regards
Colin

Attachments

• IMAG0063[1].jpg
    IMAG0063[1].jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 77
Last edited by a moderator:
as above and time for a new tank and get a g3 plumber to supply and install it dont call the orgin guy back

post in here MUST BE G3 REG

[DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

The original system was installed 7 years ago and since then the company has gone bust.

How do I know if the plumber is G3 registered?

You insist they are G3 registered (qualified to work on unvented).
Looks like some G3 person will have to replace that unit and make pipework etc all correct. They will have to fill in paperwork for building authority and manufacturers warranty (usually 25 year) so need to be G3

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
There are float switches instead of mechanical...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks... I certainly wouldn't want to move...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Re instate it into the flush pipe mcalpine...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yours is an old fotic cylinder, Thermal store...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Those float valves are easily serviceable and...
Replies
Views
Back