Water under laminate | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Water under laminate in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

M

Mr green

Found water coming up from under laminate floor in new bathroom. Once leak found should the bathroom fitter lift up floor dry and replace floor to stop mould?

Thanks

Yes. Any pieces of laminate that have got wet need to be taken up and replaced with new. It is often difficult to get replacements that are a satisfactory match to the existing planks, in which case the whole floor should be redone.

The cause of the leak needs to be investigated properly to ensure there won't be a recurrence. For example, if the pipework is plastic, were the correct inserts used and was it properly pressure tested by the installer?

Don't be fobbed off. If in doubt, get another company to inspect the work and confirm everything has been installed in a skilled and proper manner and in accordance with manufacturer's instructions and applicable standards and regulations.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Many thanks for the advice.
Replies
Views
H
  • Question
Was/is this joint visible to the plumber or...
Replies
Views
D
  • Question
I have a hot water slab leak which is found...
Replies
Views
drpepper68
D
  • Question
I really appreciate the comments and advice...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thank you and from what my neighbours have...
Replies
Views
Back