WC not flushing away toilet paper even with a bucket of water | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss WC not flushing away toilet paper even with a bucket of water in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bertie

Got a customer who's toilet will not flush away waste on the first flush, it can take several attempts before its all gone.
I have tried flushing it from the cistern via the syphon and also with a large bucket of water directly down the pan, but either way it does the same thing. The toilet paper seems to hang around at the bottom of the pan.
I have checked for any obstructions within the pan, vent and any soil pipe-work.
I have checked the vent pipe for any blockages and everything is very clean and clear.
The customer said something which made me think, she uses a lot of bleach down the toilet and somebody had told her that this over time removes the enamel. Is this true?
My next step would be to replace the toilet completely.

Any suggestions

Have you checked the pan outlet by removing toilet?
I have checked pan and it's clear.
Soil pipe is clear too from toilet all the way to the branch on the vertical part of the stack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Was the new pan fitted with a flexible waste...
Replies
Views
It is an 'all in one' toilet with a macerator...
Replies
Views
You may also find pushing the button sharply...
Replies
Views
Thanks very much! Gets me off the hook! Let...
Replies
Views
1/4" from the bottom of the cistern sounds a...
Replies
Views
Back