WC Soil Pipe Connection | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss WC Soil Pipe Connection in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Leoki

Hi All

Some advice please if anyone has the time. I may need to replace an existing low level wc for a customer in the next couple of weeks. The wc is a normal wash down but unlike wc's that I have worked on rather than the spigot coming off the back of the pan terminating on the horizontal to which you would then use a pan connect, this wc has what I would call a swan neck which then goes straight down into the soil pipe but here is where I am a little unsure. Where the wc connects to the soil pipe it has a cement collar to create a seal between the soil pipe a and the spigot from the wc.

What would be the best way to proceed to replace the wc ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Carefully chisel the cement from the collar. this will be salt glaze pipe under the floor most likely so try not to damage it. I use a narrow scutch chisel for this job as it gives you more control of what is breaking off. Dont drop bits down the pipe when you release it. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

No problem with the 900mm from openings as it...
Replies
Views
Hi How did you get on with your toilet...
Replies
Views
I got a Floplast boss strap from Screwfix...
Replies
Views
here is an update of job finished , i ran a...
Replies
Views
Well persevered, it is always worth the extra...
Replies
Views
Back