Weather compensator for Firebird Oil Boiler? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Weather compensator for Firebird Oil Boiler? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

I have a space heat only 26kw output Firebird Condensing oil boiler. I only use it for my homes space heating nothing else. Well insulated 80s renovated home.

20220104_205834.jpg

You can see there the boiler temperature stat is the simple white box.

I recall about 10 years ago there used to be generic weather compensator you could install to any home. But searching now all I can see are ones meant for a specific boiler. Eg Worchester gas boiler.

Can anyone advise on a simple weather compensator I may be able to fit here with an external temperature sensor to enable auto adjustment of the boiler flow temps VS the outside weather?

I guess it may be worth emailing this company on the system in the PDF.

I would want the system with, room temp sensors, boiler temp sensors & external temp sensor inputs to cater for 2no zones.

Attachments

• Universal-Heating-Controller-UNIH-Datasheet-0415.pdf
    830.7 KB · Views: 40
Won’t work as it can’t communicate with the boiler you can’t wc fully an oil boiler as there’s no brain also no modulation would need to change the boiler to something like a navien or Viessmann

Won’t work as it can’t communicate with the boiler you can’t wc fully an oil boiler as there’s no brain also no modulation would need to change the boiler to something like a navien or Viessmann

On finding the instructions for this, attached I think it is a main programmer and takes the inputs of the sensors which you buy from them. eg, boiler pipe sensors and exterior / room sensors. It has a number of settings also per the manual.

Not saying it's ideal but may be one of the few options to weather compensate a std oil boiler. It would maintain the independant time & temp zone control I have too. But would like to check is it simple to boost because I generally dont time all zones each day as alot of the time we are both working late.

It's also not a smart controller so no wi fi funtionality. I will send them a number of Qs I have and also research more on other alternatives. I think being able to auto control the boiler flow temps comensurate with the exterior weather could equate to a decent efficiency gain - in particular in the milder autumn season etc.

I could also settle on just manually adjusting the boiler temp myself - just want to explore what options there are.

Attachments

• Universal-Heating-Controller-Instruction-sheet.pdf
    308.3 KB · Views: 35

Similar plumbing topics

Great summary and well done for getting it...
Replies
Views
External hounsfield heat only. If you really...
Replies
Views
Only ones who will know for sure are baxi
Replies
Views
Does anyone know of a weather compensation...
Replies
Views
Back