Weathering solar pipework | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Weathering solar pipework in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

justlead1

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi. During the installation of solar panels on roofs it is necessary to weather the F&R pipe work. Please share the methods/product used, as i am trying to develop the best sheet lead product for this market. And would like the views of hands on people.

Hi. During the installation of solar panels on roofs it is necessary to weather the F&R pipe work. Please share the methods/product used, as i am trying to develop the best sheet lead product for this market. And would like the views of hands on people.
Is that right? why cant you just let it weather itself?.

I do not know if it right or wrong? Perhaps every body uses silicon. Hence the question. Good Luck
Ahhhhhhhh, you mean a seal between the pipe and the roof slate?, I thought you were on about speeding up the natural patina on the surface of the copper pipe! (sorry really dumb moment there)

Hi. Reading my post, i can see where you were coming from. When face with this situation (my last solar installation was 12 years ago) would a weathering slate need to accommodate insulated pipe at this point. What type of pipe is flavor of the month?

purpose made lead slates one for each pipe,or if using twin prelagged solar pipework the manufactors purpose made slate,or a double slate if both pipes are at one end.silcone is no good

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
As an update, what I did was: Applied a blob...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I don't know if you are aware of the "Society...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Morning Ben-gee Again, many thanks for...
Replies
Views
That is true - however with Vaillant...
Replies
Views
If your removing the panels just drain and...
Replies
Views
Back