weird questions asked by customers | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss weird questions asked by customers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQuigley67

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
whats the weirdest/dumbest thing you have been asked off of customers ??

just been asked to go to a house, disconnect cooker, then go back another day and connect up new cooker, when i said it would be easier and cheaper for me to do that in the 1 day she was saying but i dont know what time its getting delivered etc....surely waiting until the new one has arrived and doing it all in the one day is cheaper ? well I would of charged for 2 visits anyway, but she said that someone else was doing it for £45 for 2 visits, Not me anyway :p

i think if i were to repeat some of the things i get asked i would get banned , and well not to be funny but am quite fond of a few of ya

most stupid question i get asked is do i have to pay for that?it usually comes after youve explained the workings of there system to them
best one i ever had was a call back to a system we had fitted complaint was its not getting hot boiler stat was set on 1 room stat set on five degrees when i explained if its not up you wont get heat she said but will it cost me money to run a canny wee lass from scotland

I don't believe half of what people tell me. The other half isn't worth listening to anyway.

Customer a few days ago 'I need you here now, I've got a leak'
Where's the leak from?
Its from my washing machine connector.
Is it bad?
No, I need you here now,
I'm sorry I can't make it until this afternoon or early evening,
I need you now.
How long has it been leaking?
2 weeks, but they're here to connect up my new machine and they can't do it because its leaking.
So, you've known about this leak for 2 weeks and now you need me there this instant.
Yes...........

People, I don't understand them, I try not to even try to understand them now....

Once had a call out when i was working for BG at 1am .... Heating off! Got the custards number and rang him ... "what you gonna do once I've been?" "Go to bed!" He said ... Well how about i come in the morning then!!! And hung up! lol

Not so much a stupid question but a stupid tenant, I was on call out xmas eve 2 years ago. I had worked all day and had a few evening calls eventually got in at about half nine. Just sat down with a cuppa and the phone went. Got asked to attend a major water leak - called the tenant and she said water was coming through the ceiling, jumped in the van drove 20+ miles to job expecting to find a waterfall in someones living room. She took me to the bathrrom rad and underneath it was a chinese takeaway container about 2mm full of water inside. Asked her how long it had been doing it for and she said about a week - I went red with anger but managed to keep my cool i asked her why she only called it in now and she said "its christmas I got family coming over!" I just tightened the valve and walked out with out saying a word.

Then eventually got in and sat down with yet another cuppa - phone goes again asked me to go to a total failure. Phone the tenant get told no heat or hot water and children in the property - told them it was xmas eve and the chance of it getting fixed where slim - they still wanted me out anyway. Gets in the van drives another 20+ miles to Wolverhampton. Knocks on the door - lady takes me to boiler, just underneath the boiler I see some of our paperwork - after a quick read see one of our lads had been out earlier in the day and ordered a spark electrode to be fitted after xmas. Asked the tenant why she called me out and she thought I may have one on the van. Made me feel sick with anger.

From that day on I have sworn never to work over xmas - especially if I ever have to work in social housing again. NIGHTMARE

i get asked Always -"have you trained in this country and you are gas engineer " -so shocked !!!

as i am foreigner !!!

A foreign custard asked me to wait outside whilst he put his wife in a cupboard!! Didn't know at the time why he asked me to wait outside, but went looking for the cylinder and founds his missus!! :rofl:

Not so much a stupid question but a stupid tenant, I was on call out xmas eve 2 years ago. I had worked all day and had a few evening calls eventually got in at about half nine. Just sat down with a cuppa and the phone went. Got asked to attend a major water leak - called the tenant and she said water was coming through the ceiling, jumped in the van drove 20+ miles to job expecting to find a waterfall in someones living room. She took me to the bathrrom rad and underneath it was a chinese takeaway container about 2mm full of water inside. Asked her how long it had been doing it for and she said about a week - I went red with anger but managed to keep my cool i asked her why she only called it in now and she said "its christmas I got family coming over!" I just tightened the valve and walked out with out saying a word.

Then eventually got in and sat down with yet another cuppa - phone goes again asked me to go to a total failure. Phone the tenant get told no heat or hot water and children in the property - told them it was xmas eve and the chance of it getting fixed where slim - they still wanted me out anyway. Gets in the van drives another 20+ miles to Wolverhampton. Knocks on the door - lady takes me to boiler, just underneath the boiler I see some of our paperwork - after a quick read see one of our lads had been out earlier in the day and ordered a spark electrode to be fitted after xmas. Asked the tenant why she called me out and she thought I may have one on the van. Made me feel sick with anger.

From that day on I have sworn never to work over xmas - especially if I ever have to work in social housing again. NIGHTMARE
well done for not nutting the brain dead women

A foreign custard asked me to wait outside whilst he put his wife in a cupboard!! Didn't know at the time why he asked me to wait outside, but went looking for the cylinder and founds his missus!! :rofl:

was she good looking at least ?

well done for not nutting the brain dead women

I came quite close, Ive had worse on call outs its just that this was on xmas eve. I wouldn't have minded any other night as its easy money but on xmas eve I was fuming.

I've been called out to allsorts when I worked there, I got called out one evening when it was gushing with rain it was only a few miles down the road but it took ages because of the weather got there and the woman though the boiler was leaking. I got there and there was no leak I asked her when it leaked and she said "when I boil the kettle" turns out she was boiling the kettel right under the boiler and it was just condensation, that was a bad night.

Once had a tennant refuse us entry for the heating pack we were to install on the basis that radiators set fire to everything !!!

I had a woman years ago who went off her nut when she came in to see 3 pipes running up the wall off a baxi wm.
When i told her that they had to be there she got the brochure out and showed me the picture of the boiler on the wall with no pipes!
She rang her man at work and he told her not to be so bloody stupid. At least he had some sense.

Also had one who wanted the radiator on the ceiling!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Did the op get an invoice before payment ?
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Yes, for 20p it'll save the mess and you can...
Replies
Views
No they just do the address, thank goodness...
Replies
Views
Back