What are the plastic bits under shower doors called and where do you get new ones?! | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss What are the plastic bits under shower doors called and where do you get new ones?! in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

This is turning into a nightmare!! There's no point in my customer changing his shower unit as it's lovely but the plastic trim at the bottom is a real mess. I've tried 3 plumbers' merchants so far and they all say get in touch with the manufacturer but we don't have a clue who that is so where can I get new trim or failing that, what can I use to clean the existing part? Many thanks all!!

Re: What are the plastic bits under shower doors called and where do you get new ones

post a picture!
if you mean the panel which covers the legs and offers access to the trap then go to a pvc place that does all the placcy stuff like window frames and trims and fascia boards and the like. i.ve made new ones out of stuff from those places before. just screw a wooden batten frame and screw in plastic panel

Upvote 0
Re: What are the plastic bits under shower doors called and where do you get new ones

if you mean the water seal between the door and the shower tray, it will just pull off, it may need a bit of persuasion as they are sometimes bedded in with silicone. once it is removed you can peel any silicone and mould off then put it back on

Upvote 0

Steveb is right, showerseal.co.uk are brilliant, lots of different sizes and profiles and usually next day delivery.

Upvote 0

PTS can get hold of 2 different profiles of universal shower door seal, will have part number Monday if any help?

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

J
  • Question
Hi, did you ever solve this problem? You...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I've just done some investigation under the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for the advice... makes total sense...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Its inadvertently sorted itself...... Whilst...
Replies
Views
  • Question
We've all had that yes. The worst one I ever...
Replies
Views
Back