What boiler do I need? (Ideal Logic boilers) | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss What boiler do I need? (Ideal Logic boilers) in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hi all,
I'm just about to buy a new build house. The building company has changed their boiler set up from having a cylinder to a combi and I'm really worried it's a ciat things and I'm going to get a system that struggles more with the house size. I've attached drawings of the house which has 4 beds, two thermostatic showers and other rooms and radiators as shown.

The company are installing ideal logic boilers which I don't have a choice on that make. However, I want to know which of the ideal logic boilers are right for this house?

I also want to extend to a 5th bedroom and extra bathroom at some point so want to know if this would make a difference to the ideal logic boiler chosen.

Thanks
Neil

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211116-094543_OneDrive.jpg
    Screenshot_20211116-094543_OneDrive.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_20211116-094529_OneDrive.jpg
    Screenshot_20211116-094529_OneDrive.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 25
Without looking at the plans, they're not doing it for your benefit but to cut costs and Ideal do not make a storage combi afaik which may be okay for multiple shower/bathrooms. Irrespective of boiler size, heating capacity should not be an issue with a new build it's the hot water delivery that should concern you especially if you have plans to add another bathroom.

Without looking at the plans, they're not doing it for your benefit but to cut costs and Ideal do not make a storage combi afaik which may be okay for multiple shower/bathrooms. Irrespective of boiler size, heating capacity should not be an issue with a new build it's the hot water delivery that should concern you especially if you have plans to add another bathroom.
Hi thanks. What do you mean by delivery system? Sorry I'm a layman at this. Thanks for your help

Hot water delivery ie. the ability of your system to provide HW and in your case potentially for 3 + outlets.

As I said being able to heat your house isn't a problem but providing enough hot water at a decent flow rate might. That said the 40kw Ideal vogue can provide HW @ 16.4 l/m (not confirmed) and it might be enough although if I were you I'd negotiate with the house builder and have an unvented cylinder installed or get legal with them about changing the agreed spec.

Last edited:
Hot water delivery ie. the ability of your system to provide HW and in your case potentially for 3 + outlets.

As I said being able to heat your house isn't a problem but providing enough hot water at a decent flow rate might. That said the 40kw Ideal vogue can provide HW @ 16.4 l/m (not confirmed) and it might be enough although if I were you I'd negotiate with the house builder and have an unvented cylinder installed or get legal with them about changing the agreed spec.
Ok. Thanks get it. So ultimately, the tank would remove any doubt because with would have the capacity to cope. I think I'll challenge them.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Lou, It's been the same since 19th May...
Replies
Views
Nothing you can check yourself as it states in...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Sounds odd indeed. Under warranty?
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
If you want lower hot water temperatures and...
Replies
Views
B
No the installers need to come out
Replies
Views
Back