What boiler is this? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss What boiler is this? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Does anyone know what boiler is this?
The green light comes on and off again and now on red light. No hot water. =(

Many thanks in advance.

IMG_20180408_211318.jpg

Last edited:
The question seems to be a fake set up.
It is similar to asking if petrol can be put into a fire.

What is wrong? I am only asking for advice.

It is gas boiler and no advice can be given to non qualified people that could help them or others reading this forum to do illegal and dangerous work.
That includes plumbers, like myself who are not gas qualified.
Removing the case on gas boilers can only be done by a gas engineer.
I would have thought that was obvious.
Ask your gas engineers what is wrong with your boiler

I did ask, but they don't seem to tell me. It's not the first time I got this fault and everytime a plumber comes over they fix it within a few minutes after taking the cover off so i assume it's very straight forward. If I just even know what boiler this is it would be much appreciated.

No I don't sorry op also looks like your missing some case / front panel parts

• Informative
Reactions: JKG
Next time your gas guy comes out get him to give you the information, there should be a data information plate inside the water heater, not seen anything like this maybe an old Baxi.

After taking a second look I think it a Main water heater, looking at the photo the wall switch is off, turn it on & press the reset button in the middle.

I did ask, but they don't seem to tell me. It's not the first time I got this fault and everytime a plumber comes over they fix it within a few minutes after taking the cover off so i assume it's very straight forward. If I just even know what boiler this is it would be much appreciated.
You could try turning the temperature control knob (probably the one on the right) right down, then up again, and see if it fires.

I will give it another go, thanks for advice.
You should give it a go to call a competent person rather than you playing around with a gas boiler. It’s better to be safe than sorry

Long time no see, but looks like possibly Elm Le Blanc to me. Multipoint water heater.

It is gas boiler and no advice can be given to non qualified people that could help them or others reading this forum to do illegal and dangerous work.

For the benefit of the OP, do you mean to say that IF the problem is one that isn't designed to be able to be rectified by a non-competent person, then we can't advise? Because otherwise, this is a bit confusing. The OP hasn't (as I see the post - may have been edited?) suggested that he or she wants to carry out a repair, and may believe that it is as simple as pressing a reset button.
Many years ago, when I was a student, the boiler in my rented house did something very similar and I downloaded the user instructions, and followed a reset procedure that seemed to involve turning the stat down and up again or similar, and, hey presto! Not saying this boiler is the same though!

For the benefit of the OP, do you mean to say that IF the problem is one that isn't designed to be able to be rectified by a non-competent person, then we can't advise? Because otherwise, this is a bit confusing. The OP hasn't (as I see the post - may have been edited?) suggested that he or she wants to carry out a repair, and may believe that it is as simple as pressing a reset button.
Many years ago, when I was a student, the boiler in my rented house did something very similar and I downloaded the user instructions, and followed a reset procedure that seemed to involve turning the stat down and up again or similar, and, hey presto! Not saying this boiler is the same though!
The original post has been edited mate.

That is all i wanted to know as I don't know the model and have no manuals I can't do anything. All it may need is a reset. It's not like I wanted to disconnect the gas pipe which I am not qualified to do.

That is all i wanted to know as I don't know the model and have no manuals I can't do anything. All it may need is a reset. It's not like I wanted to disconnect the gas pipe which I am not qualified to do.
But in your first post, you said that you had found the reset inside the boiler and had the case off the boiler. Which you are also not qualified to do.

Edit due to spelling reset wrong

Last edited:
"Does anyone know what boiler is this? If so where is the reset button? I believe it's inside after taking the cover off.
The green light comes on and off again and now on red light. No hot water. I had several plumbers come and they seem to fix it within a min after taking the cover off but i never catch what they do so i assume it's a easy fix."

But in your first post, you said that you had found the rest inside the boiler and had the case off the boiler. Which you are also not qualified to do.

I may have worded it wrong but there is nothing wrong taking the cover off. So I need a qualified GAS SAFE register to do it??

"Does anyone know what boiler is this? If so where is the reset button? I believe it's inside after taking the cover off.
The green light comes on and off again and now on red light. No hot water. I had several plumbers come and they seem to fix it within a min after taking the cover off but i never catch what they do so i assume it's a easy fix."
Cheers shaun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks again! Will try to find out!
Replies
Views
Apologies for not attaching photos but many...
Replies
Views
Reply was much appreciated, thank you.
Replies
Views
You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
V
I presume you mean Vokéra Easiheat 29C? If yes...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back