What boiler to go for??? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss What boiler to go for??? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rodders09

Hi everyone.

I have a bit of dilemma with a job from one of my customers. One house with 5 floor including basement and ground floor it has 24 radiators,4 shower rooms, 9 bedrooms, small office, kitchen and big lounge also 1 conservatory.

They have 2 boilers, both Ethos 54c combis. 1 in the garden heating up the basement and the ground floor and the other on the top floor, hating the 1st,2nd and 3rd floor.

Currently the one on the 3rd floor has broken down and she's had a plumber several times out and everytime yhey change parts and soon after it breaks down again.

She wants the whole thing sorted out once and for all.

she's think of having a boiler doing the whole house and a megaflow cylinder aswell. i've been looking and the highest output system boiler is a 35kw and also a 300lt megaflow.

Any ideas of how to tackle this challange and also any recomendations of boilers apart from a keston.

Your help will be much apreciated.

Ps sorry for the grammer but is been a long day and still working.

How many occupants?
Is there a liklihood of them all using the showers at the same time?

Hi.
The house has 9 occupants and there is a likelihood of the 4 showers been used at one time.

Regards

Andres

I have not bothered calculating but that must be bordering on commercial? (more of a problem with the DHW).
I would look at a big unvented cylinder (or maybe 2)? as possible and maybe 2 domestic boilers in tandem to supply?

Or think about zoning the property?

Last edited:
That's a real man's job you've got there, think armourer is probably on the right path. Saying that if what they have now works, then maybe the simplest option is to replace what's there, and upgrade any controls etc

Personally I would have 2 boilers in cascade. Low loss header. Individual loops for each floor
350l cylinder with secondary return
Prob be looking at 2 x rhemea Quinta 45
With self made low loss
15-50 for each floor. Compensated if you really want

I would say that if your not commercial. It may be best to draft someone in. This sounds an expensive property with an expensive install. You won't want to mess this one up

Ok. Having looked at your comments I think I will pass this job on and avoid disappointing the customer. I'll tell the customer that is not within my scope, rather than cocking it up and making a bad name for myself. Once again thanks everyone for their advice. I can sleep now at ease.

Regards

Andres.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Get 3 detailed quotes
Replies
Views
P
The Keston installer looked up the 6 storeys...
Replies
Views
P
The pump in the 36/40 is Wilo 25/7 pump that...
Replies
Views
Mike Jackson
M
D
Use a low loss header to overcome this.
Replies
Views
Fishpond
F
Back