What boiler to install | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss What boiler to install in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gas Jim

Hi all

Im just getting back into installing gas boilers and im after a bit of advice on what brand to install on mid range boilers e.g value for money and price. Ive not installed for 2 years now!!

Thanks
Jim

what are your customers requirements? ie. type,value for money, extended warranty, size etc....

Baxi..............But it really is horses for courses and the main reason any installer recommends a certain make is that they either know them inside out or the kick backs are good being one of their recommended installers or from experience in very few call backs.(but if you only fit one make , how can you compare)?

You will get a mixture of answers Jim but it really is trial and error, try to stay with an established manufacturer with good support.

Baxi..............But it really is horses for courses and the main reason any installer recommends a certain make is that they either know them inside out or the kick backs are good being one of their recommended installers or from experience in very few call backs.(but if you only fit one make , how can you compare)?

You will get a mixture of answers Jim but it really is trial and error, try to stay with an established manufacturer with good support.

+1 for me

Main - simple, reliable, cheap parts or free if you've got a good rep and mostly uk made. Can't go wrong for value for money, we've installed over 50 this year and not one has gone down. infact we have never had a main eco go wrong, only diverter valves and aps' on the b rated he's. we have a stock of spares for them too including fans and pcb's thanks to our great main rep.

Thanks for your replies
I've decided to give potterton after a chat with some installers and not bad for price. Must admit if customer can afford it I would go for the intergas cracking boilers!
Thanks
Jim

I try and fit either Worcester or Vaillant, but if price needs to be lowered i recommend Glow-worm, never had a problem with these. Had trouble with baxis, and would never touch another heatline. Doing jobs for people as cheap as possible just dont pay, so would never fit them again. But as above its what you reckon, it dont mean they are better or worse than the other guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

No they just do the address, thank goodness...
Replies
Views
H
Prob blocked / frozen condense pipe does it...
Replies
Views
Sensocomfort with outside temp sensor. RF or...
Replies
Views
Hello, Ben this is what I thought as it seems...
Replies
Views
Back