What boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss What boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

luckylister

Hi there, i hope someone can give me some advice. I am looking at replacing my boiler for a mega flow system. I was looking at the Vaillant range but unsure of which model boiler to go for. It will need to cope with a current 3 bed with 2 bathrooms but in the future hopefully increase up to a 5 bed 2 bath and shower room. I think im right in understanding that the main things in need are boiler, storage tank (what litre) and expansion vessel. Any info would be much appreciated thanks.

To run an unvented cylinder your mains supply needs to be supplying a minimun flow rate and pressure, make sure that yours is up to the job first. You might need a new supply from the road, tanks in the loft feeding a pump, or an accumulator.
I like Viessman,Vaillant for the boiler.

Thanks for the reply, i have had a plumber allready check out the pressure etc..., but he told me to give him a ring when i have found what i wont and he will fit for me, Hence the question, my current set up allready has the cold water and copper hot water tank in the loft. I moved it up there a couple of years ago to free up some space in the bathrrom.

Did you ask your plumber to make any recommendations? We all have preferred manufacturers that we have confidence in,but the design of your system will depend on water pressure,flow,the type of house,hot water demand etc.Your plumber should have an idea of what's required if he's going to fit it.

But to answer your question,I've just finished a job of a similar size to yours and I used a Vaillant 624 system boiler and a 210 litre Kingspan unvented cylinder.

So the plumber came out and confirmed that the system is suitable for unvented, however he didn't make any recommendations for the boiler or give you any idea what sort of boiler (size, etc) your supposed to be looking for.

Hmmmm....Isn't it the plumbers job as the expert to advise you on what he thinks is right for the job, rather then you to do all the running around?

Had you been my customer I would have at least recommended you a system that I would have thought was suitable and that I was confident with and happy to fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, approx. 2-3 hours.
Replies
Views
That means you have a leak as the system...
Replies
Views
C
Seems reasonable but I'd still rather have...
Replies
Views
System boilers have a pressurised heating...
Replies
Views
It doesn't have a thermostat and the cylinder...
Replies
Views
Back