What brand of radiator do you fit? | Plumbers Arms | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss What brand of radiator do you fit? in the Plumbers Arms area at Plumbers Forums

Scott_D

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I struggle to get decent radiators locally.
Mr central heating and Williams and co the paint finish isnt good enough.
Screwfix and the like sell Kudox which I like but are off white in colour.

I think I am going to have to get my next batch delivered but who sells good quality at a reasonable price?

halcyon eg stelrads are a good middle ground

To be honest never noticed. I find it a decent rad and I'm not going to sniff at a decent drayton trv either. Customers like them as well.

The henrads were terrible. All the welding was very noticeable.
Agree there mate not the best finish , I have to use em as my supplier stocks em and need to be competitive.
[automerge]1602052294[/automerge]
If the cost allows I would use Purmo radiators , Plumbase used to have them but since their take over they now have Henrad aswell so a bit difficult to find , they are far superior in material thickness , fabrication and paint finish. Kop

Last edited:
Used Williams for years then their rad prices got way higher. Screwfix Kudox rads you can see these rivet round bumps all over the rad it looks hideous but goten away with fitting many without complaint. Screwfix rads are delivered by dpd couriers who are not used to anything heavier than a photo frame so many rads have been returned with dented grills and chips. Barlo rads were really good though.

Honestly it is surprising how difficult it is to get rads these days lost out on a big job where custard wanted round top rads with odd sizes - nowhere to be found without mix and match which would almost guarantee different shades of white.

PS does anyone ever use the screws and plugs that come with the rads themselves?

I always collect from plumbfix.

I never use the plugs and screws that come with anything, always use my own. Think it harks back to being an apprentice on a hospital site and having to clear up all the bolts and plugs from hudevads.

Little bump
Anyone had whistling TRVs when fitting the new style Drayton valves from Screwfix?
I have 3 in one house doing it!

Fitted on the return eg not on the flow ?

Only fitted one seemed ok as Shaun said trv on the flow ? Kop

Attachments

• IMG_20200806_152919.jpg
    IMG_20200806_152919.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 15
Trv is on the flow.
They whistle as the close down. I swapped one for an old type I had in the van and the whistle has gone.
git to go back and change the others

Trv is on the flow.
They whistle as the close down. I swapped one for an old type I had in the van and the whistle has gone.
git to go back and change the others
Not good then bud Always fit Honeywell normally but like you they were doing the rads with valves for a extra few quid so went with it unlucky for you it got picked up . 👍

I've installed about 20 of the K-Rad rads via Williams recently, 3 separate deliveries, non damaged (one of the spot welded clip to hang on the bracket was 3mm out on one of them, otherwise OK).

Deliveries were on pallets, don't reckon they do that for ones and two's.

On the subject of valves I bought some Drayton lockshield ones from BES recently, good quality!

Similar plumbing topics

Vertical rads can be a bit hit and miss. I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Stelrad, to Be honest most are pretty good...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello Sergiu I would use it, but it's hard to...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Back