What Cable? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss What Cable? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlumbersMate

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hello one and all. Have a customer with a Potterton Performa Combi.

It has an integral Time Clock but he wants to convert this to an External 24 hour/7 day timer. Question is which cable will I need for this? Cheers

2.5 flex is what we use I think , would have to go van to confirm lol

2.5 flex is what we use I think , would have to go van to confirm lol

Thanks Bod. I thought that myself but someone I know mentioned 5 core? So 2.5 flex would be sufficient to remove internal timer and wire a new external one?

Can you just fit a external programmable room thermostat like the Honeywell 927, that just requires 2 wires

I think you can just 1mill tbh but I'd be more tempted to check with a spark , there I a reason we carry 2.5 which I know is too big but there is a reason just can't think of it

I think you can just 1mill tbh but I'd be more tempted to check with a spark , there I a reason we carry 2.5 which I know is too big but there is a reason just can't think of it
will it be for immersion heater ?

Can you just fit a external programmable room thermostat like the Honeywell 927, that just requires 2 wires

Don't know that timer but it would normally need a power supply then a switch for the timer

Don't know that timer but it would normally need a power supply then a switch for the timer

The Honeywell is powered by 2 AA batterys, it only requires switch wires then minimum 0.75mm i believe

he has already bought a Horstmann C17. Basically the boiler is in a students bedroom so when he wants to alter the heating etc he has to disturb said student. What he has asked me to do is remove the internal clock, and wire the external Horstmann clock from boiler to cupboard downstairs.

1.0mm should be good enough, or even 0.75mm if fused down - there's no real load to speak of. 2.5mm for water heaters / immersion heaters.

have you checked the boiler and timers instructions?

if your unsure then run 5core flex, 1.0mm or even .75 as mentioned should be fine.

ive googled instructions for both but seems alot of electrical jargon which i dont quite understand. Am hoping that when i get timer out of box at customers all will become clear in instructions. Just wanted to take right cable with me, and get a rough idea of what i needed to do as have found alot of different answers from my research on the web

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Except your response got me thinking. Going...
Replies
Views
O
I have not seen a Horstmann boiler, in the...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
If this is your model, some of your questions...
Replies
Views
^^ wot he says where is the room stat? And...
Replies
Views
Back