What component fails in an Ideal Isar/Icos PCB? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss What component fails in an Ideal Isar/Icos PCB? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nas

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I've got a couple of these now. One Is completely Dead and does not power up and the other Keeps the boiler running permanatley on. Does anyone know what components fail in these PCBs (they are the orange ones part number 174886)

dont give it much thought pcbs fail constantly,insulation panels fall on to the fins on the heat exchanger sending the flames to the rear of the combustion box this normally burns the wiring behind it,worst boilers ever imho

I agree with the bit about them being worst boilers. I was hoping to save the customers the £208 it cost by repairing the PCB. Ouch!! I know they are cheaper on ebay but I need it asap.

I agree with the bit about them being worst boilers. I was hoping to save the customers the £208 it cost by repairing the PCB. Ouch!! I know they are cheaper on ebay but I need it asap.

its illegal to repair a pcb on a gas boiler dont even try

I've got a couple of these now. One Is completely Dead and does not power up and the other Keeps the boiler running permanently on. Does anyone know what components fail in these PCBs (they are the orange ones part number 174886)

The PCB is a sealed unit. You've just dashed my hopes that they'd resolved the PCB issues with the 'orange' one!!!

The ignition was taking out the board on the first lot, then the fan ... then the fan wiring ... I advise anyone with an Isar/Icos to take out a service contract ... Doesn't bother me if they want to pay that sort of money but I think the likes of B-Gas etc. Can afford it more than the poor soles that were sold them!!!

agree as installers we fit any boiler in good faith,we dont always know how reliable its going to be but its us who get the blame when it turns into a pig in the pork

dont give it much thought pcbs fail constantly,insulation panels fall on to the fins on the heat exchanger sending the flames to the rear of the combustion box this normally burns the wiring behind it,worst boilers ever imho

Nas, BG do a one of repair something like £170 no matter what the cost of the part!!! I've pointed a few in their direction when the part required is a costly one. You may loose your customer to the BIG guy's but for me it's best advice that sings loudest in most cusomers ears ..... :)

Thats Exactly What I've done told them to take out a BG contract. He wanted a guarantee told him the only guarantee I could give him was it was gonna break down again!!!!

agree as installers we fit any boiler in good faith,we dont always know how reliable its going to be but its us who get the blame when it turns into a pig in the pork

Totaly agree 'gas man' ... In my opinion they should try appliances out in the field before selling them to us and our customers!!

for as much as i loathe worcester,i dont know if they do it now but they used to run boilers to death to see how they failed

Thats Exactly What I've done told them to take out a BG contract. He wanted a guarantee told him the only guarantee I could give him was it was gonna break down again!!!!

Good one Nas ... I worked for BG 25 years and had to deal with all the 'best advice' private engineers were giving their customers. Now thankfully, I've realised why! lol and gladly direct to BG what I feel appropriate .. :)

Theres a couple of merchants who will sell you a reconditioned one for £65 notes provided you give them your duff one in return, from what I gather Ideal themselves repair the boards too, could be a load of tosh but still get a 1 year guarantee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

clean the lead from the control panel to the...
Replies
Views
This reminds me of the time I diagnosed a...
Replies
Views
Yes, it looked like water had leaked on it...
Replies
Views
This any good? I think it’s who Screwfix use...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back