What could be causing this noise in the tundish? | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss What could be causing this noise in the tundish? in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hi all, anyone know what could be causing this? Everytime I flush the toilet the (what I think is called) tundish makes a gurgling sound. I live in a flat and sometimes when the people upstairs flush too it can be heard. I had a similar issue about 4 months ago whereby it was leaking due to the washing machine and kitchen taps being a bit clogged, got it cleared by a plumber but now I’m a bit worried about hearing it again when I flush. Anything I should be concerned with or that can be resolved if needed, without a plumber? The toilet is very old so not sure if it’s something than can be fixed if I replace it completely?

Attachments

• IMG_2558.mov
    20.5 MB
Would contact a g3 engineer as that install of the cylinder doesn’t look / meet regs / correct

Hi Shaun the installer was a g3 certified engineer

You sure d2 doesn’t comply with regs tundish to bend minimum 300mm yours looks less than 50mm

Attachments

• IMG_9148.png
    IMG_9148.png
    13 KB · Views: 4

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
A competent plumber will have the kit and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I would of clipped the pipework but it is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for the tip. I have an outside tap so...
Replies
Views
  • Question
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Go to the next access manhole and check that...
Replies
Views
Back