what course | Plumbing Courses | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss what course in the Plumbing Courses area at Plumbers Forums

CXR100

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
im currently working for a local H.A as some of you may know, my main line of work is fitting bathrooms in void properties at the moment, its so boring its unreal , my highlight of the year was probably last week was when I got to fit a disabled bathroom with a level access tray and a whale pump...... !! I am gas safe registered and have just completed my oftec exams, I work a lot in my own time and have my own clients etc. the only heating & breakdowns I do is for my own customers. and I feel like im getting a bit rusty on all of it as im stuck doing bathrooms every single day! (if I was self employed I would never do one agin!!!) I am going to book my self on some courses in the near future, investing the money I do in my own time into training and courses so I have them if I am ever looking for a new job. there is a Honeywell one coming up near me in may , only 45 quid so I will go on that one, any others you can recommend? I have done the Worcester one at it was more of a sales pitch than a traing course, I want to learn fault finding etc, and maby do a solar panel course as I have no idea on this subjest, what about the mr combi course? any info would be great. thanks

I did a 2 day breakdown course at a company in Bristol which was very good. I'm sure other training centers do the same all over the country so have a word with them.

If your going oftec speak to grant I did a 2 day free course with them which was good and I missed out on a day course on burners which you had to pay for it but I would of been willing to pay had they of told me about it. Only down side is it's in devizes but there is a travelodge just round the corner which is cheap enough.

Could you not speak to your bosses about doing more varied work? Surely if your gas safe they would want to use that? Because the best training is to do things day in day out.

I have level 3 that I did in collage and have good gcse results , the grant course sounds interesting, anyone done the baxi one? or done the mr combi one or Honeywell one?

Baxi three day ️course is good. Youll know some of it already but they teach some excellent fault finding skills

plus one for the baxi course obviuously done on their boilers but it is an across the board course and will set you up with good basic skills for any boiler after that will depend on which boilers you see most of

Similar plumbing topics

Hi sir i don't suggest you go out on your own...
Replies
Views
Hi mate i did a fast track MLP course it was...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I am currently in the forces...
Replies
Views
O
  • Article
Are at home Level 2 courses actually viable...
Replies
Views
OLG0824
O
Hi Matt, any luck on getting employed in the...
Replies
Views
Back