What do you think of this price for fitting gas-fired central heating? | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss What do you think of this price for fitting gas-fired central heating? in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Hi folks,

I would be super-grateful if you could let me know what you think of the price below:

Convert from Economy 7 to gas using Worcester Greenstar 4000 30kw high efficiency combination boiler positioned in hotpress and flued horizontally through wall, with extended flue, system to include: -

▪ wireless programmable room stat

▪ thermostatic radiator valves where necessary

▪ removal of cold-water storage tank

▪ carbon monoxide detector

▪ 700 x 900 DC in living room (2 off)

▪ 700 x 400 DC in hall

▪ 500 x 500 SC in bathroom

▪ 700 x 400 SC in bedroom 2

▪ 600 x 900 SC in bedroom 1 5200.00

Supply and fit Greenstar Filter System (to qualify for 10-year parts & labour warranty) 200.00

Flue 300.00

Additional charge to upgrade to Worcester Bosch Easy Controls (app version) – optional 200.00

Building Control Application Fee 120.00

Cut and repair walls and ceilings 500.00

Case flue, including inspection hatches 400.00

Fit Shower 100.00

_______

TOTAL 7020.00

I just want to make sure I am not getting fleeced. And, if it is too dear, please let me know what I can negotiate on.

Kind regards.

Building control fee isn’t he gas safe as this is normally free or under £20 if you are

And is he sizing the heating system to part L as you need to as they’ve updated it last year eg flow of 55c max

Don’t go for a Worcester, baxi platinum compact 10 years warranty out the box no extras

Nest would be cheaper and eph even cheaper again etc.

Building control fee isn’t he gas safe as this is normally free or under £20 if you are

And is he sizing the heating system to part L as you need to as they’ve updated it last year eg flow of 55c max

Don’t go for a Worcester, baxi platinum compact 10 years warranty out the box no extras

Nest would be cheaper and eph even cheaper again etc.
Thanks.

The work will be done in Northern Ireland so the fees and the arrangement could be different.

I don't understand your second sentence.

I suspect he uses a trade supplier and that is all they have. I will have a chat with him. I don't mind paying for good quality though. Just don't like getting ripped-off, and I have no idea about the prices he listed. He could be great on the pricing, I just don't know.

Thanks.

The work will be done in Northern Ireland so the fees and the arrangement could be different.

I don't understand your second sentence.

I suspect he uses a trade supplier and that is all they have. I will have a chat with him. I don't mind paying for good quality though. Just don't like getting ripped-off, and I have no idea about the prices he listed. He could be great on the pricing, I just don't know.

If he’s going through gas safe then my comment should stand price wise

He’s the heating engineer he should produce / work out the heat loss wouldn’t leave it to the suppliers as you could be getting anything

Although the forum doesn't generally comment on prices because they can vary so much regionally and every job is different that does seem quite heavy. Considering the size of property and those are not exactly large radiators as per Shaun's reference to part L, get a few more quotes then you have another price reference to neg if you still want to use them.

Back