What does built in condensate pump for new back boilers mean | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss What does built in condensate pump for new back boilers mean in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mcdade

What does a Built-in condensate pump for versatile drain options - up to 10m from boiler - which is descibed for a new baxi back boiler - mean? Does it mean that a pipe has to cross a floor from the chimney (where the back boiler would be placed) to go through an outside wall; I am not, as you may have realised, a plumber - just trying to understand what would be a best bet for replacing an existng back boiler (Baxi bermuda - boiler still working fine - but fire needs an obselete part which I have been searcing for - and am giving up any hope of findng (just helping out my mother's engineer in looking for this). This is will be for my elderly mother in her 90s - and really don't want her to go through too much upeavhal. Advice welcome

The new system is a condensing appliance to meet current efficiency regulations and the boiler produces a waste solution that must be disposed of into your water waste system bellow a sink or some other means.
This drain may be able to run from the boiler upto 10m under floor or within some conduit trunking round the wall to a drain point.

Thank you - I thought it did mean that - but hoped it didn't. Thanks again

Is it really necessary to have the fire working?
Why not just use the heating and use an oil filled radiator in place of the fire on chilly evenings.

Might be worth contacting age concern or similar as there can be grants available. Worth a phone call at least.

Might even get an EAGA type team in to renew the boiler and upgrade the controls.
Doesn't really bear thinking about:(

Hi mcdade.

Whats the actual model number of the fire front and what part is required?

Have removed several Bermuda BBU/FF's recently all in full working order.

Lying around lock up waiting for me to get a 'scrap day' organised. The bit you need might be around.

Hello JAP&H - thanks for replying: does - Baxi Bermuda LFE 3 Super Cat 1 - Nat Gas GC Numer 37 0777 16 make sense? the part no number is 225149 - its a 'Flame Failure Device/Gas Tap Concentric TE/SA 809 - GC No 155987 is the part that can't be found (I am walking around with a copy of the relevant page from my Mum's instructions on how to use this - as I say I hope that makes sense).

Thank you; yes I agree - it probably isn't necessary - but I do have to convince her that the boiler won't go wrong in the next couple of years - but hearing this from the forum is good - as she may not listen to me - but she will, perhaps, if I tell her, listen to advice from someone who knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

D
The return temperature at the boiler governs...
Replies
Views
It's a boiler drain point. It may only need a...
Replies
Views
No I do not. Second to that I don’t even have...
Replies
Views
A
Are you sure it’s still vented? Should have...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Thanks for useful replies, good to hear...
Replies
Views
Back