What fitting to create a mist effect from a 18mm fitting | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss What fitting to create a mist effect from a 18mm fitting in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hi All
I hope you can help me with this slightly random question. I'm an artist and I have created an artwork that uses water (to erode an earth sculpture). I have system with a hidden pump and water reservoir, with 22mm copper pipe, going down to an 18mm attachment for a 'rain' shower attachment. It works really well, but it erodes my sculpture really fast (great for the opening night).
1718445687122.png
rain-shower-head.png

But I want to be able to swap out the 'rain' shower attachment for something that would create more of a mist of water for the rest of the exhibition so the erosion goes a lot slower. My local plumbers merchant sold me an attachment for a tap but it has a different thread on it that won't attach to the brass connector.

1718445632496.png
1718445617819.png
1718445647138.png

Is there a simple connector that I could get to attach this to my set up? Or is there something else that you would recommend that could attach easily to either the 22mm or 18mm brass fittings that would create a gentle mist effect?

Many thanks

Attachments

• copper-pipe.jpg
    copper-pipe.jpg
    607.7 KB · Views: 47
  • tap-fitting.jpg
    tap-fitting.jpg
    775.9 KB · Views: 29
  • head.jpg
    head.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 28
  • 1718445585010.png
    1718445585010.png
    574.4 KB · Views: 29
Fit a 1 or 2 lpm flow restrictor to the head you can find them on Amazon

I'd choose the hydroponic shop.
It may take you six hours to describe what you want, explain what you need it for and what effect you are trying to achieve, but you'll get there.
And they will most probably have the part you want in stock.

Just tell them you want a 'Mist Spray' for an Art display - they will believe you, for sure.
They may ask 'How many do you want for your 'Art Display"

Back