What is better a Saniflo or a commercial type Pump for efficiency and sound in private house? | Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss What is better a Saniflo or a commercial type Pump for efficiency and sound in private house? in the Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

We are looking to create a en-suite bathroom with bath, sink and toilet at front of house. So will need some kind of macerator. I want to make sure that I get something that will be quiet and efficient, had a saniflo 10 years ago and was not impressed. I am willing to spend a little more than usual to get it right. I have seen on-line a pump called a Piranah that appears to do the same thing but is a little more powerful than domestic macerators. Can anybody make any suggestions or advise ?

Piranah is a word often used in world of pumps, ABS named a pump after them and others refer to it as the cutting blades. Can you provide a link to the one you`ve seen.

How attached are you to the idea of having a bath rather than a shower? Domestic macerators of reputable makes won't handle both a bath and a WC, so you'd need to have two units - one to serve the bath, the other to serve the WC and basin. This starts to get expensive. If you have a shower instead, you can do it all with one unit. Commercial macerators are generally designed to be located below the room they serve rather than within it, so although they will take a bath connection it is 12" off the floor which isn't practical for most applications

I much prefer Grundfos to Saniflo as a brand, but neither are quiet. You get either quiet, or powerful, but not both.

How attached are you to the idea of having a bath rather than a shower? Domestic macerators of reputable makes won't handle both a bath and a WC, so you'd need to have two units - one to serve the bath, the other to serve the WC and basin. This starts to get expensive. If you have a shower instead, you can do it all with one unit. Correct, but bit of a Grey area after a recent EU spat, whilst not approved they will handle the bath, I`m allowed to replace like for like.

I much prefer Grundfos to Saniflo as a brand, but neither are quiet. You get either quiet, or powerful, but not both. Not a lot of difference between the two mentioned until you need someone to look at it.

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
The UK Government has today been told to do...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yeah but I'm more thinking of the hot...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes, The size of the external expansion...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for this information, it's helpful. It...
Replies
Views
  • Question
As you have now learned, the pump needs a...
Replies
Views
Back