What is the correct orientation of a tee in a flow return circuit? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss What is the correct orientation of a tee in a flow return circuit? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Hi all,

I suspect I've incorrectly used a tee in the flow return as the two radiators don't seem to get hot enough.

I have two radiators and their flow returns feed into opposing ends of a tee.

Like below.

Rad ----|---- Rad
Return​

I think it should be like -

Rad -------|------- Return
Rad​

Hope that makes sense. Appreciate any advice thanks.

It doesn’t really matter. Can you describe your situation in more depth, have you installed an additional rad to the circuit? What size are the pipes?

So yes, I added an additional radiator about a year ago. The pipes are all 15mm. I drained down the system yesterday to replace the trvs as I initially thought they maybe the issue. When I refilled the system and switched on the heating the radiators we're very hot but then seemed to cool a little. Maybe I need to test this more.

Hopefully the attached image will help. The left side of that tee is the return from the other radiator.

IMG_20181104_094855.jpg

Similar plumbing topics

Since it became normal for trv's to be bi...
Replies
Views
  • Question
How did you go about heating the extension in...
Replies
Views
Pipework looks fine maybe try balancing the rads ?
Replies
Views
You've already spent thousands on a new boiler...
Replies
Views
That's my new plan Timmy, I managed to get up...
Replies
Views
Back