What is the difference between a thermostatic and manual power shower? | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss What is the difference between a thermostatic and manual power shower? in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hi,

I am not a plumber, I'm a customer looking to replace my existing Mira Go Power (Manual) shower and will hire a plumber to install it. I don't understand technical plumbing terminology.

What is the difference between (for instance) the Mira Vigor manual and the Mira Vigor thermostatic please ?

The manual part code is 1.1532.354
The thermostatic part code is 1.1532.353

Thanks in advance

The thermostatic model will maintain a steady temperature (providing there is enough hot water). It does this by partially opening /closing the hot/cold feeds as required.
eg as the hot water in the cylinder cools the shower will adjust the ratios so more hot and less cold is mixed - thus your shower stays the same temperature.
A manual model will not do this.
The other main advantage is that if water is drawn off elsewhere the thermostatic model can compensate for this and adjust as necessary.

Thermostatic is better, but if you live on your own it is probably ok to have the manual model - otherwise get the thermostatic.

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ASPECT. Don’t just...
Replies
Views
  • Question
If they are looking for good performance...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks Any thoughts on a shower system to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
If it’s this one, look under the Q&A and...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
S
  • Question
Take a look at that...
Replies
Views
Back