What is the pressure in this cylinder expansion vessel? | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss What is the pressure in this cylinder expansion vessel? in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

I was told by the plumber to keep an eye on the pressure, to ensure it stays above 1.0.
The red one is… but the black one is not…. What do the two mean?

Attachments

• IMG_3105.jpeg
    IMG_3105.jpeg
    336.8 KB · Views: 32
The black needle is the pressure reading, showing around 0.6 bar, that's under the 1.0 stated.
The red is just a guide indicator that can be moved anywhere on the dial to indicate a maximum advised upper or running pressure.

The black needle is the pressure reading, showing around 0.6 bar, that's under the 1.0 stated.
The red is just a guide indicator that can be moved anywhere on the dial to indicate a maximum advised upper or running pressure.
Thanks.
I’ve checked again and pressure is now above 1.. earlier, I believe the boiler was off, whereas now it’s on. Is it possible for the pressure to change like that?

Attachments

• IMG_3116.jpeg
    IMG_3116.jpeg
    325.7 KB · Views: 24
The normal setting is for the pressure to be 1.0 bar when the system is 'cold' and, based on the position of the red needle, this will rise to about 1.5 bar when the system is operating normally and the thermal expansion of the water increases the pressure.

If this is the first time the pressure has dropped, make a note of the date and reading then top up the system with enough water to bring it back to 1.0 bar when cold. If it's happening regularly consult your plumber as you may have a small leak somewhere.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Yes just put a bucket under it to save the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
The capacity of any EV should be what it says...
Replies
Views
  • Question
As Shaun said cold backfeeding through mixer...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for the info. Went over today and it...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Chuck the engineer said I have replace all...
Replies
Views
Back