what is the sickest thing you have ever seen at work | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss what is the sickest thing you have ever seen at work in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

S

sheff paul

Years ago on a council high rise job,i ripped out a warm air unit,the grille looked into the tenants bedroom as i pulled off the ducting there was a brain damaged bloke caused by a failed overdose of paracetomol.He was laid naked in bed and wanking him self silly at the time ,our gaffer walked in and asked where the tenant was i said look through there....to this day i never have been even slightly tempted on my worst days to take an over dose... funny how some things stick in your mind.

The thing that made me feel sickest was a labourer who fell 3 flights over a stairwell and got skewered with a bit rebar. I can still hear his screams yet. (he survived)

Not sure it's on the same level as Tamz post above! (sounds painful!)

I was under a park home running a condensate pipe from an LPG boiler we were replacing, it was pretty dark (obviously) so had my head torch on. Glued a full length of 1 1/4" onto the 3/4" coming down from boiler as the chassis makes it awkward to get around under them. Crawled across to the end of the waste pipe ready to cut to length and drop into a soil pipe boss. As I looked across my brain registered an eye, and for a split second disregarded it, then did a double take and realise the end of the pipe was sitting on the remains of a dead cat! bearing in mind my face was about 2ft away from it, didn;t half make me jump and squeal like a pig. I slipped out like a greased up racing snake!

Turns out it was a neighbours that was old as the hills and they reckon it found it's way in just to die...The owner went and scooped it out with a shovel and we finished the job. Not sure what they did with it afterwards, pretty sure it wasn't returned to the owner though!

Just before I left the Local authority I was assigned to sweeping up Late CP12's with the bailifs! Ended up at a murder scene! No bodies nut everything else was still as left a couple of years after the event!!! *shiver*

seen lots of stuff in my time from a blood splayfest flat after a samurai sword attack to **** smeared on the walls its all part of the job and makes for interesting stories i did once see a very drunk tony in a tutu now that made me feel ill LOL

Went into house where pipes had unfrozen and not noticed for a month. Loads of leaks, floors collapsed, walls collapsed, etc, etc, etc. I've been in one or two houses like this and never enjoy it as I feel sorry for those people.

Worst part with this house was the previous occupant was murdered a few months earlier by a couple of men who broke into his house, threw petrol over him and set him on fire. (One of the assailants was the son of an acquaintance of mine.) Bloke who was murdered was a local pawn broker (just tried spelling that by mistake!!) and some of his "business" practices were under the belt, by all accounts.

Went to the nearby butcher a few days later and he asked if I was okay. I told him I was but had taken a fire extinguisher with me, just in case.

was working in a house couple of months ago were i found out someone was murdered and chopped up and hid in the basement, where i happened to be jumping around piping up a heating system and came across an old set of trousers. Were they his trousers ? I dont know but it was spooky lol

Roofer fell backwards off a ladder and broke both legs as they caught on a rung further down. He was stuck hanging upside with bends in his shins that shouldn't have been there. He sounded a little uncomfortable as I recall.

Back