What is the thunk that seems to be stopping my central heating from working | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss What is the thunk that seems to be stopping my central heating from working in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

I have a vented gravity water and pumped heating (pump on flow) system with a
Glo-Worm boiler which works extremely well and water in cylinder is hot.
The pump is new Grundfos Alpha2 (replaced Myson in Jan15) and works
The programmer is Horstmann Channelplus H27Xl (replaced Horstmann H27 in Jan15) - the jumper has not been removed, however both water and heating are set to ON all the time
There is no port valve in the system
Original 1970s pipework, cylinder and radiators (both without thermostats)
Original room thermostat

Water is fine, all radiators cold (upstairs and down)

When the thermostat is turned up there is a click and then a thunk/clunk in the ceiling between the two floors, could this think be the anti-gravity value

The radiators do not heat up.

We have abundant hot water.

We have tried the pump on each of the available speeds to no effect. When the pump switches on it is definitely working, the pipes from the pump go upstairs - these are getting hot, however the upstairs accessible pipes (and radiators) are not hot, not even tepid, although occasionally the bathroom gets very mildly gravity warm - barely, and once in a blue moon.

Please register with us and start a new thread to receive an answer to your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I have a weird intermittent problem where my...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
L
Replies
Views
This was indeed the case, picked up a new zone...
Replies
Views
Back