What is wrong with my hot water cylinder water cylinder is cold to touch and only feeling warm near the top | The Welcome Wagon :) | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss What is wrong with my hot water cylinder water cylinder is cold to touch and only feeling warm near the top in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at Plumbers Forums

I am new to any forum on the internet. I live in NZ
I am seeking advice on what is wrong with my hot water cylinder

My hot water tap downstairs immediately runs hot when turned on.
The water cylinder is cold to touch and only feeling warm near the top.

Any answers gratefully appreciated

I've changed the thread title to something more suitable. What is wrong with my hot water cylinder water cylinder is cold to touch and only feeling warm near the top.

First question is, does your hot water continue to run hot, or does it go cold after a few mins.
If it doesn’t run cold, there’s nowt wrong. It’s just a very well insulated tank .

Second question: Not knowing NZ heating systems, how do you actually heat this tank up? Are you connected indirectly to a heating system? Is it a gas fired water heater or is it run off immersions from your electricity?

Some pictures of the tank and associated pipe works may help us dicipher what kind of system you have

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Unfortunately I have! Twin immersion with a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ya, they said the fact the anti-vibration...
Replies
Views
Yes it will be controlled on boiler thermostat.
Replies
Views
see same. below on this as some one has had...
Replies
Views
Back