What kind of fittings do I need | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss What kind of fittings do I need in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cubix

Lads have included a pic of a valve that was on the old rads which I have replaced. The heating system is a strange one where both flow & return go into the same side of the rad. There is a lot of background to this but the bottom line is I would like to be able to get a fitting that will allow me to go from what seems like 16mm pipe to 15mm. I came across such a fitting on fleebay but think its only compression on one side. ITs meant to go from a pex UFH pipe to 1/2inch copper. I am based in Dublin but if someone could tell me the fitting I am looking for I will ask around.

The two blue circles are flow and return/yellow is where the old control knob went on/green is where it connects into the bottom of the rad/Red has a fitting with what seems like a 16mm stainless steel pipe going up to the top of the rad. This is the pipe I would like to cut and put a 16mm to 15mm reducer which would allow me to run a bit of 15mm copper up to the top of the rad which will also have a TRV.

Thanks

Attachments

• Manafold 1.jpg
    Manafold 1.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 58
It is some kind of dual valve but i have never saw one like that before.

Would it not be easier yo do away with that valve altogether and just fit a seperate trv and lockshield. You could TBSE connections so you won't need to change much.

not quite as simple as tamz states ime afraid.
the valve is a one pipe system rad valve, the controlling knob on the rhs controls water into the rad, but the valve also has a built in by pass to allow water to pass to the rest of the heating circuit.
as for 16mm fittings - gonna be more difficult. try spanish ebay 16mm was common there. ime sure if you wait long enough somebody here will find them for you.
quite weird to have the red circled bit there as well, you could always try ringing manufacturer.

good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
never seen a valve like this before but the symbol on body looks like aquarius the water bearer [star sign] found on Giacommini valves if this is any help:)regards turnpin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Manual rad valves eg no trv unless it’s...
Replies
Views
You could try a long flexi and make it a wider...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks Shaun, I need to investigate. I visited...
Replies
Views
D
  • Question
Mcalpine sk1 or sk2 is what you need
Replies
Views
Back