What "mains water" pipework size would be required? | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss What "mains water" pipework size would be required? in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

M

manx12

Hi,

The development is 10 x 1 bedroom apartment (with unvented cylinder).
I have suggested 10 seperate water feeds from the road, but the utilities company want to use one main pipe in from the road (5m from road).

The question, is what size pipework would you suggest coming in from the road to a 10 way manafold? could I install 63mm or would it have to be larger?

Regards,
Manx 12

63mm seems plenty in my head with out doing the maths. Think 76mm would be a over kill for 10x1 bedroom apartments, but better to oversize than to undersize in my book. The utilities guys wont give you any recommendations?

As a guide the typical size of pipe for a given number of properties is shown in the table below. The values given should not be a substitute for conducting an adequate hydraulic assessment taking into account all pertinent factors. Number of individual dwellings Typical pipe outside diameter (PE pipes) Nominal bore (other materials)

no. of properties - pipe size

1 - 25mm

2 - 32mm

3-5 - 50mm

5-20 - 63mm

20-40 - 90mm

40-95 -110/125mm

95-300 - 160/180mm

300-700 - 225mm

http://www.unitedutilities.com/documents/DesignManualIssueMay2012.pdf

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ah -- couldn't see "attach files" on my phone...
Replies
Views
You’re 200 miles away - he is there. You’re...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
There must be many installations that are in...
Replies
Views
Back