what makes a boiler stink? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss what makes a boiler stink? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kay-jay

last night when going bed i noticed a funny smell. stronger in kitchen, went round sniffing everything it was coming from boiler. wb24i junior 12yr old.

smell strongest from around the pcb compartment. no visible signs of melting/burning but whole thing smelled kind of smokey. glass fuse on pcb is still intact.

boiler dead as a doornail,

has anyone come across this??? does it sound like pcb burned out? it had a new pcb 3.5 years ago. didn't smell last time, possibly different fault.

reckon its worth fixing or getting a new one?

cheers

My Worcester 350 did 17 years so you get be getting another 5 years out of it. It's got to depend on the condition of all the other components. My boiler was still working when I swapped it but there were a lot of minor intermittent faults showing so I decided to swap it while I had the money.

All good other than this. Band d though so not efficient. Smell has a hint of fish to it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I'd go for the pub, the puma board absolutely wreaks when it's decided to crash and burn

It was the transformer in the end. All sorted for £20.
5208160b-651e-1c90.jpg

A quick check with multi meter confirmed the heat hadn't damaged the pcb
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

i seem to remember that they use something like seafood shells or fishscales or something in the manufacture of circuit boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

S
Thanks for the reply, I'll have a look at Baxi...
Replies
Views
Back