What new part = A new stat being required downstairs? | Air Sourced Heat Pumps | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss What new part = A new stat being required downstairs? in the Air Sourced Heat Pumps area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpm

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Came across a nice old dear today who is at her wits end with BG.
Her Ideal boiler is noisy and 4 different BG guys have given 4 different reasons in the last 3 months one of which is a 15mm copper pipe which runs from the boiler to the drain is "Incorrect" but they can`t alter it under her contract with them even though they installed it!!!

But the one which got me was ......
"He fitted a new part which then meant I had to pay for a new thermostat in the hallway".

Is such a thing even possible guys?

Fair enough if the system wasn`t working but as I understand the only problem is a noisy boiler in the kitchen.

Sounds like they are grabbing at straws to get out the house? It's hard to say much more without being in front of the boiler, what were your thoughts.

Sounds like they are grabbing at straws to get out the house? It's hard to say much more without being in front of the boiler, what were your thoughts.

Thought she was being fobbed off or ripped off to be honest but I was only there to service her Saniflo. I`m neither a plumber nor a heating engineer!

When I did some council work a big problem was guys not knowing what a problem was but booking any old thing up with the office so they could get out the customers house and forget about it! It might be something along those lines?

When I did some council work a big problem was guys not knowing what a problem was but booking any old thing up with the office so they could get out the customers house and forget about it! It might be something along those lines?

that was exactly what one engineer told me when i rang him to find out why he had ordered a pimp for a boiler that was working but poor hot water performance

Same in my game mate. Tomorrow I`ve got to go and face one angry customer who`s already had 4 new pumps fitted under warranty without solving the problem, I mean it`s not rocket science water flows in and is pumped out and you don`t get 4 duff Saniflo`s.

that was exactly what one engineer told me when i rang him to find out why he had ordered a pimp for a boiler that was working but poor hot water performance

I'm not surprised you were upset. Imagine trying to get the case back on.....

pimp.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Yours is an old fotic cylinder, Thermal store...
Replies
Views
The worst oil boiler ever to hit the market...
Replies
Views
P
Mr Speaker: I'm tempted to draught a sarcastic...
Replies
Views
  • Question
EDIT: should have put "radiation and convection".
Replies
Views
Back