what other parts do you buy when swapping certain parts in boilers? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss what other parts do you buy when swapping certain parts in boilers? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

danielp

Friday at lunch time went out to replace a Diverter valve in a vaillant turbomax 242/1e the job was going very well until the clip that holds the mains push fit in to the diverter snapped was very brittle rang vaillant to ask what could be done, this clip has its own part number The HeatXchange Ltd rang the local suppliers no we cant get them until monday? how bad, also had a little rant saying out of every part i have to remove you supply me with 2 o rings and 2 fibre washers? luckily the last supplier i tried had 1 clip! these customers nearly had no boiler until monday so wanted to know if theres any other parts people buy or keep on the van when changing certain parts among the range. thanks dan

not really if i did that id need another van following me round. i get what i need and if theres out i suspect like your clip ill get that bill customer if i use it ok , if not it goes on the van as a added bonus

i took the motorised head of diverter and the clip used to keep it there fell out of my hand and down the back of a fitted kitchen lost for good, you just can't stock for that and i had to wait two days for a replacment

Friday at lunch time went out to replace a Diverter valve in a vaillant turbomax 242/1e the job was going very well until the clip that holds the mains push fit in to the diverter snapped was very brittle rang vaillant to ask what could be done, this clip has its own part number The HeatXchange Ltd rang the local suppliers no we cant get them until monday? how bad, also had a little rant saying out of every part i have to remove you supply me with 2 o rings and 2 fibre washers? luckily the last supplier i tried had 1 clip! these customers nearly had no boiler until monday so wanted to know if theres any other parts people buy or keep on the van when changing certain parts among the range. thanks dan

replaced a worcester cdi rsf diverter valve and i have to addmit it come with all the necessary seals etc for the parts you had to remove to get to the diverter. i think every manufacturer should do this it makes life easier.nothing worse then going into merchants and having to go through the strip down just to see what you may need . got to do a diverter on the model you just done did it come with all the necessary seals etc

ant

I usually keep a lot of clips and screws from old boilers I take out.

replaced a worcester cdi rsf diverter valve and i have to addmit it come with all the necessary seals etc for the parts you had to remove to get to the diverter. i think every manufacturer should do this it makes life easier.nothing worse then going into merchants and having to go through the strip down just to see what you may need . got to do a diverter on the model you just done did it come with all the necessary seals etc

ant

Did one of these the other day. I dropped behind the kitchen cupboard the only part that doesnt come in that kit, the horseshoe washer on the plate heat excahnger. Had to call upon my joiner skills to get to that!!

Did one of these the other day. I dropped behind the kitchen cupboard the only part that doesnt come in that kit, the horseshoe washer on the plate heat excahnger. Had to call upon my joiner skills to get to that!!

I had that connection leak on me a few weeks back, a brand new o-ring and it was even silicon greased to the hilt as well.

gas meter nipples i carry lots of these my friendly emergency gas provider gave me a load good job i always loose them

ant

If you fit the service kit it comes with everything you need to do the job. Its not the easiest job the first time you do it but its alot cheaper and doesnt take much longer

in all fairness worcester do supply all of the kit for their diverter on the cdi im also not the biggest fan of replacing them if i had a swear box it would probably be full up by the time i leave! its so disheartening when the worst o ring on the cold supply inside the jig weeps :nonod:

On the cdi and that cold water o ring I always use fernox LSX. I dont like using it as it can cause more problems when it goes hard but if your carefull not to put too much around the joint it works everytime And there is nothing worse than getting the whole boiler back together tools packed away hen you notice that tiny leak so you have to strip it all apart again.

well I learned my lesson years ago on a ravenheat or the like that had a dodgy diverter valve that needed changing. Instead I bought a kit and spent a few hours messing about only to end up replacing the whole valve , I have since had the same conversation with worcester technical who recommend changing the whole valve which I now do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back