what paperwork if any do i need to leave? | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss what paperwork if any do i need to leave? in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

B

beesley121

Hi guys,

Been asked to do some work for a company that insulates homes. Apparently, the guys that do the cavity wall insulation are trained to do flue flow and spillage testing incase they bock the flue. Anyhow, if the surveyor cant find a data plate on a fire to confirm its under 7KW, they insist on having a vent fitted otherwise the insulation cant be fitted. If the customers refuses to have the vent fitted, only around it is to have the fire disconnected.

So this is were I come in an charge them accordingly or capping tem off. So do I need to leave any paperwork with the customer?

Would've thought they'd need paperwork informing them of the reason why it's been capped off, like your warning pads, and get them to sign it,

Even when plugging a restrictor elbow I'd tightness test. If you do the same I would suggest leaving paperwork recording your findings, and thus visual inspection/defect report on meter and visable pipework. What I'd do, maybe beyond requirement though according to others?

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Let them supply and fit , then it’s their...
Replies
Views
Mate, all you need to do is everything, to...
Replies
Views
Good stuff, yep I can’t totally relate to...
Replies
Views
Sharp Point
S
L
Thanks Ermintrude and Croppie for advice and...
Replies
Views
laikax695
L
Back