What part of the world? | Plumbers Arms | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss What part of the world? in the Plumbers Arms area at Plumbers Forums

Scott_D

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
What part of country is everyone?
Im Bristol (south west)

Wrexham north wales

Why are you stuck there? And is that a bad thing? I'd rather be in Italy than this crummy place I call home town lol.
Stuck as in I'm running a loss-making newsagent's shop and I can't close it until the end of August. In a tourist resort where I won't get much sleep, and haven't had a full day off for months. In any case, returning to the UK and spending 10 days in a Holiday Inn or whatever to quaranteen isn't my idea of fun. Seeing as I'd be travelling by rail, travelling might involve satisfying whatever requirements France may have also.

It's a bad thing because trying to get anything done in Italy is nigh impossible and I have a lot of stuff to sort out which I've been battling through for months. Unlike France, Belgium, Germany, and Portugal, Italy won't convert UK driving licences - so I can't drive unless I retake my test and wait for all the Italian paperwork to come through (not worth it for the time I have) - and I'm in a fairly rural area; I've been waiting nearly 2 months to get a new vehicle logbook without which a vehicle can't legally be driven by anyone and you need the logbook to get the MOT test pass stamped on it (I'm trying to sell said car, but all this makes it bloody impossible); and today I wasted an hour and a half trying to work out how to pay two electricity bills sent to me within a week of one another without paying counter fees for two separate bills (still not sure what they want me to do).

I quote an Italian letting agent 'the bureaucracy in this country is terrible: days and days to do the most simple task'. The natural beauty of the area (Dolomites UNESCO natural world heritage site) is spectacular, but I spend most of my days in front of a computer under a flight of stairs.

What's wrong with Taunton? As you say it's not far from Bristol which seems to have a lot going for it and it's where all the cute hippy girls live.

Croydon. You lot have beautiful country to look at while we are being shamed on national tv for having council tenants with ceiling collapses and growing mushrooms from sh*t plumbing.
Every other place we go to looks dire, landlord says "oh well" when tenant has no flush on the toilet and clears their poop with a shower head via adjacent bath.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Either or with those ones. I usually use a...
Replies
Views
T
just messure up if you have the right distance...
Replies
Views
Fits back on flue on top of boiler
Replies
Views
  • Question
I’m using them at present, but you can have...
Replies
Views
Back