What power tools? | Plumbing Tools | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss What power tools? in the Plumbing Tools area at Plumbers Forums

Hi all I will soon hopefully be moving from my current employer to my new one to carry on my apprenticeship and I will be doing new build site work 1st and 2nd fix and I need to supply my own power tools(battery kit).
Could you please roughly advise me on what make to go for and what actual tools I'll need (with out spending massive amounts)
Cheers,
Dave.

Makita for impact / combi / woodworking eg saws etc

Bosch for sds

What ever you choose you will be stuck with for a long time.

I bought a Milwaukee 12v & 18v kit 10 years ago.
I've added to it an replaced original bits numerous times but have so many batteries and chargers that I don't think it will be possible to change to another brand without replacing everything.

Saying that, from my experience, I don't think I would consider going to anything else.

people will advise you on what they own..
ive had makita twice, hitachi once.. I bought milwaukee this time around and its excellent.
but, makita, dewalt and milwaukee were all in the running and I would be happy with any of them. get the 18v brushless stuff and youll be fine

Hi all I will soon hopefully be moving from my current employer to my new one to carry on my apprenticeship and I will be doing new build site work 1st and 2nd fix and I need to supply my own power tools(battery kit).
Could you please roughly advise me on what make to go for and what actual tools I'll need (with out spending massive amounts)
Cheers,
Dave.

No such thing as buying cheap if it's used day in day out.

If you are PAYE though you should supply your basic hand tools. They should supply everything else needed.

If you are SE to them then look at the tools as an investment. Get the highest Amperage you can afford. Don't drop below 4ah now. Get a few tools every pay check unless you can buy all at once.

Don't buy drill bits, blades, anything that wears, that's up to them to supply its in the cost of the job.

You seem young? Don't let them dictate. You charge your price but don't buy all the sundries that they have already priced for! You think the plugs and screws are free?

If you are PAYE then basics and ask for a purchase order book or a call to the office will give you the PO numbers to use if needed.

Always buy your own tools though as if/when you leave you have nothing to owe them.

Jon

Keep your receipts carefully and check with HMRC what the current rules are about claiming a tax rebate for work-related expenses. (The rules can be complicated so don't rely on what anybody other than HMRC or your accountant tells you.)

The problem is no manufacture covers everything. You will probably end up with a few makes like most. I'm currently using mainly dewalt but most of my carpentry stuff is makita( jig, planer, sander) I have Milwaukee angle drills for new build joist drilling. Bosch make the best cordless sds drills for the price and I've tried all makes. I'm just getting into flexvolt stuff now, got the sds max drill, it's a beast.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hardly surprising BG do a lot of power flushes...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I don't know if you are aware of the "Society...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Anyone know of a repair service for Axpert...
Replies
Views
J
  • Question
To be fair some places in London have an...
Replies
Views
J
Replies
Views
Back