What should I be ordering?! (Toilet syphon) | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss What should I be ordering?! (Toilet syphon) in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hi all -

Our toilet has got very difficult to flush. A couple of very quick goes on the handle will do it sometimes, but not others!

So we are considering replacing the innards ourselves. I suppose the first question is: is that sensible? ;)

Assuming it is, we have looked on various online marketplaces and are rather confused as to what we should be getting. We have found items that look similar on Amazon but they say10.5", 9.5", 7.5" etc. What is that measurement - from the bottom of the inside of the cistern to the top of the existing syphon? That measurement seems to be 11.5" on the current one. Would buying (for example) a smaller 10.5" one cause a problem?

Any help, pointers or links to guides would be highly appreciated!

Cheers - Jon

Attachments

• 1690544957907.jpg
    1690544957907.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 30
  • 1690544927500.jpg
    1690544927500.jpg
    264.3 KB · Views: 27
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Similar plumbing topics

Cheers Richard details in e-mail. Very best rgds
Replies
Views
erpkid
E
Clock-type radiator bleed key keep it on your...
Replies
Views
S
SS, You forgot two important items, 1)...
Replies
Views
Plouasne
P
Back