What shower can I swap for this? | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss What shower can I swap for this? in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Quartz Electric | 10.5 kW Electric Shower With Adjustable Head

Hi guys

went to a job last night, customer wants the above shower replaced.

They do not want to have to pay for any making good/re-tiling etc so any ideas what i can swap this for?

They were thinking a Mira Sport but i have had a look at the instruction manual and the cable/water inlet are on opposite sides. The pipe they have in the wall is poly pipe so ideally i can get a shower swap to sit in the same place to save having to cut out tiles and reroute the pipe work.

Thanks

Does my head in.

I can't stop them being tight but perhaps i need to work on the advising what's best aspect of the trade lol. I advertise on a certain website, i get a couple of jobs a week on top of my mon-fri job but they are so tight!.

Upvote 0
Does my head in.

I can't stop them being tight but perhaps i need to work on the advising what's best aspect of the trade lol. I advertise on a certain website, i get a couple of jobs a week on top of my mon-fri job but they are so tight!.

yep same here tight as hell

Don`t care what the media tells us it ain`t getting any better for a lot of people.

Upvote 0
Fitted the Mira Jump, i started it Tuesday night and I only just finished. Flew in did it hammer? yeah alright then! :)

really, it got re-arranged for Friday night and it went fine. Took me longer than expected but first time I have fitted one and as usual i spent too much time messing around.

Got the job done, left the bathroom spotless all working and customer was happy. It was a recommendation too so i must be doing something right.

Upvote 0
Fitted the Mira Jump, i started it Tuesday night and I only just finished. Flew in did it hammer? yeah alright then! :)

really, it got re-arranged for Friday night and it went fine. Took me longer than expected but first time I have fitted one and as usual i spent too much time messing around.

Got the job done, left the bathroom spotless all working and customer was happy. It was a recommendation too so i must be doing something right.

they do a mira sport multifit as well

Upvote 0
The customer had a Mira Sport they had bought when i went there to first have a look, they said they had already had 2 plumbers out. the first their regular guy and then another. One said it would be possible to swap the aqualisa with the sport the second said no it wont be a swap.

That was enough for me to say i'll find a replacement. Which was what got me to create this thread and luckily someone mentioned the Jump.

The supply pipe was in plastic coming out of a gaping hole in the wall, it needed cutting down in order for me to get this new shower on the wall and cover the hole, i just managed it but i couldn't have got away with cutting the pipe down anymore.

Had the shower piped up, wired up and looked down and saw my insert sitting on the bath next to the taps. phew! :)

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
If you had a vented cyclinder and cold water...
Replies
Views
  • Question
The jolt, possibly something to do with the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
HI Basher UPDATE ; I found a seal kit!! as...
Replies
Views
  • Question
To ensure a durable, leak-free connection for...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
Many thanks, Ben-gee - that's very useful...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
Back