what shower head is fast flow | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss what shower head is fast flow in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

so long story short...

old shower going hot and cold
new shower installed
new shower going and cold
heat exchanger plate replaced
shower still hot and cold

kitchen hot tap (not a mixer staying hot)

just removed the shower head on the new shower to test the water coming directly through hose...and water temperature balanced for 2 x 30 min tests.

so I think the problem is that the shower head is not letting enough water through which is causing the water to back up and make the combi boiler cut out ( this ties in with what the engineer said about the water backing up and boiler cuts out as a safety precaution until it's cool and the re starts) he just didnt know why it was happening.

so now I want to try a powerful hand held shower head to see if this resolves the issue. any recommendations?

it is also happening on the over head rainfall shower so recommendations on powerful ones would also be a help...although just going to try the hand held first.

I am not a plumber just a woman on a mission to try and solve something that it seems no one who we have paid so far can!!!

thank you in advance

How many litres per minute is the current shower head delivering? (Get a 1 litre jug, something else of known volume, and time how long it takes to fill it using the shower.)

Also, what was the specification (or make/model) of your new shower? What is the make/model of your combi boiler.

Upvote 0
How many litres per minute is the current shower head delivering? (Get a 1 litre jug, something else of known volume, and time how long it takes to fill it using the shower.)

Also, what was the specification (or make/model) of your new shower? What is the make/model of your combi boiler.
hi the boiler is a combi Worcester Bosh 28i junior

will do the test on the water when I get home...just wondered what heads release more water....this is the shower
[automerge]1567511020[/automerge]
Have you tried cleaning the filters on your shower?
no as we have only had it a week so didnt think anything would need cleaning
[automerge]1567514445[/automerge]
hi the boiler is a combi Worcester Bosh 28i junior

will do the test on the water when I get home...just wondered what heads release more water....this is the shower
[automerge]1567511020[/automerge]

no as we have only had it a week so didnt think anything would need cleaning
just bought a new shower head (non eco) and wider shower hose and it seems to have done the trick...so fingers crossed....thanks for your help though

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190901-223013_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20190901-223013_eBay.jpg
    297.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Thanks Shaun. Really appreciate you taking...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Many thanks Timmy. That does seem to be the...
Replies
Views
W
  • Question
Are they mains pressure showers or gravity eg...
Replies
Views
A
  • Question
Stnd wrong pump for a high pressure shower...
Replies
Views
  • Question
They exist but sell shower heads try emailing...
Replies
Views
Back