What shower valve to replace this with... | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss What shower valve to replace this with... in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
20141001_181911.jpg

It has now been changed to a combi so need rid of this power shower. But, it needs changing without altering the pipework by removing tiles and so on. So a quick fix

You can get vertical bar mixers, I think Triton do one, like has been said, whatever you do it will look naff.

If taking the tiles off isn't an option, then how about a Mira Excel EV (exposed valve) you can have the feeds enter from the bottom rather than the rear, then do pipe work in chrome. Also from memory you can switch the cartridge around inside them if the hot and colds are piped the wrong way round. Don't forget to file off chrome plating before putting back into those speedfit elbows though

Upvote 0
Surely you just want to tell the customer though to just take off a couple of tiles so you can get a new valve in, or a couple of pipes turned out at 150 centres

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
HI Basher UPDATE ; I found a seal kit!! as...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I don't see your comments?
Replies
Views
D
  • Question
Post a pic Could be you carefully break out...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
Many thanks, Ben-gee - that's very useful...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
  • Question
Hi All. My Aqualisa Aquavalve enclosed mixer...
Replies
Views
Back