What size be this pipe, if'n you please. | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss What size be this pipe, if'n you please. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
And will there be a compression/soldered reducer piece inside the fitting that i can re-use and just put another TRV on or will I need to muck about with reducer bits anew?

Almost never come across microbore so no experience with it. Almost didn't clock it was smaller than 15mm to start, I think the paint must make it look fatter

Thanks

52901660_1109461279214901_8117220720351641600_n.jpg

Looks 10 mm and depends on the valve some are 10mm straight off but some use reducers

Danfoss ras c2 should fit

Cheers Shaun. Because I was also thinking from looks of it if the dimensions of the new valve body don't match and I can't bump the whole rad over a little it won't go on as skirting cut out allowing no play.

Why did you suggest the Danfoss RAS c2 out of interest?

But regardless of which way it has been done if I keep the original horizontal nut it shouldn't matter right?

Correct but matters as a 10mm won’t fit into a 15mm valve

So best take both

And the size looks the same same tail out the rad and same bottom nut

That is a Myson Contract TRV and likely has a brass (olive type) reducing set.
Be careful which valve you replace it with. The depth for pipe on some TRVs is not as much as that valve has.
Drayton and Danfoss valves are the small depth type I think.
Just swap it for a 15mm TRV that has about 1/2 pipe depth, but avoid those Myson valves as they are not good quality.
Keep the original nut and reducing set on the pipe and put a smear of paste on olive set

Similar plumbing topics

i would get a few 15mm x 16mm brass...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I Understood and thanks!
Replies
Views
Thanks for all the helpful advice chaps. I...
Replies
Views
I suppose it's full and up to normal working...
Replies
Views
the Same position for meter but riser outside...
Replies
Views
Back