What system do I have? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss What system do I have? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi just wondering what type of central heating system I have?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 71
That's your unvented cylinder and chance a pic of a boiler / a few more

Unvented hot and cold water system for starters.
Not sure why a gate valve has been used on supply to that unit. Lever valve would be better.

Please get your unvented cylinder serviced , if you havnt already

We can't tell what type of heating you have from that picture of the cylinder. As Townfanjon says, get that serviced because we can see two potential faults just from that first picture.

What type of heat source do you have? Is it a gas boiler, electric, oil or something else. If you could post a pic of the boiler that would be great.

Sorry lads it's an ideal icons he12 boiler, the system is 8 years old same as the house , I've changed the 6 bar PRV twice in 12 month it's now passing again only a dribble not at pressure, what could be causing it? Poor valve Seats? Or something else

Last edited:
More importantly, has no one noticed the ballofix on the cold feed to cylinder after combination valve. This should not be there! It could potentially isolate the expansion relief and expansion vessel.

Last edited:
I am also getting water hot water into the cold water at the basin taps if I haven't had the cold running for a while say overnight? I'm looking for a non return valve on the cylinder but can't find one, the gate valve on top of the PRV is also fully shut should this be the case

Get a G3 plumber in, fairly simple job. you didn't change the central heating pump yourself by chance did you? Looks diy to me.

Sorry lads it's an ideal icons he12 boiler, the system is 8 years old same as the house , I've changed the 6 bar PRV twice in 12 month it's now passing again only a dribble not at pressure, what could be causing it? Poor valve Seats? Or something else

You need to be G3 qualified to work on the unvented units. They are supposed to be serviced once a year. Can't comment on repairing or servicing details on forum

Get a G3 plumber in, fairly simple job. you didn't change the central heating pump yourself by chance did you? Looks diy to me.

Definitely DIYer fitted that pump! :Grin:
I would love to know their thinking.

No I haven't changed the pump whether the previous owners did I'm not sure. I've lived here 3 years..

ps im am industrail maintenance sparky so I do work on hydraulic pump units, solenoid valves, etc

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Thank you very much for taking the time both...
Replies
Views
Everything working fine on PP mode - thanks...
Replies
Views
As part of deep house renovation, planning to...
Replies
Views
Reminds me a lot of a few years back, new bar...
Replies
Views
A
Are you sure it’s still vented? Should have...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back