What to do with my Central Heating pipes in this scenario? *Help*! | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss What to do with my Central Heating pipes in this scenario? *Help*! in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Hi. This is part of a narrow L-section of an upstairs bathroom in a house I'm renovating. The toilet sits here.

I forgot to take a pic whilst up there, so I've drawn a diagram.

Black = walls
Brown = joists
Blue = CH pipes (hopefully) - they're already notched in this location but unused.

I need to run some CH pipes for a radiator immediately below on the ground floor (has a concrete slab so must run under upstairs floorboards). I want the pipes buried in the walls. No trunking or boxing.

1) If I want to put the rad on wall 2 - I must chase out that wall right behind the joist, and it's almost flush with the wall. Possible?

2) I can def route to wall 1 and put the rad here. But, it'll cost 3x the amount for the 28mm wide designer rad to fit behind the front door.

3) Can def route to wall 3 below, but there's a switch and socket on that wall and it would face the front door and is in a narrow porch area.

Please advise!

Cheers,
David

bathroom_pipes.png

How close is the timber on wall 2 is it tight or is there a bit of room ?

It can be done just need to chase a bit more out behind the timber

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Chuck. Thanks for your kind information...
Replies
Views
K
Do NOT take the boiler casing off. You need...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Just going to say the same...conduit seems...
Replies
Views
T
And would be major work to fit underfloor...
Replies
Views
Gray0689
G
Back