What type of bath taps do I need? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss What type of bath taps do I need? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jordononeill11

I recently bought a free standing jacuzzi bath.

The only thing is that instead of tap holes, it has chrome bars that point straight up, then have a 90 degree angle at the top. I think taps must screw on, but the gap between the two isn't wide enough for a mixer, and the angle isn't right for 2 taps.

Any ideas anyone?

Help would be HUGELY appreciated,

Thanks
Jordon

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you asked the suppliers first, or Jacuzzi themselves? If it is brand new, you should have some help.

bath taps.jpg

Hi,

Here's a photo. The problem is the bath new as in never used, but it is not from a shop, I bought it from a builder who didn't use it in his renovation project in the end, and the makes not actually Jacuzzi, sorry should have specified!

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not sure, but if those tails, (bars, as you call them) are simply threaded below for connection solely to hot & cold supplies & not for a fill spout or separate shower hose, then I think those tails are no use without the mixer they may have been attached to. In that case they need removed & a new mixer purchased.
If the holes are slightly different distance apart than a standard bath mixer, then you can get mixers with offset legs that swivel to suit wider or narrower.

Right thanks! I'll have to look into it. The tails go into the edge of the bath so I'll have to separate it somehow, they don't come out of the other side if you get what I mean.

Thanks a lot, that clears things up a little!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

T
Replies
Views
I don't know who told you Crosswater was good...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks! Actually, I finally found the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thank you so much. I am now officially out of...
Replies
Views
I'd be a bit careful using Kilrock unless you...
Replies
Views
Back