What type of boiler / heating is this? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss What type of boiler / heating is this? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I am looking into buying an Ex council Property. I have looked at the boiler room and where a large gas boiler would be expected there is just a control panel and a tiny box with no flue.

Does this look like an electric boiler heating the radiators or an ASHP?

The radiators were warm yesterday and the property was at a comfortable temperature.

Here are some photos of the boiler room

Attachments

• SAM_1963.jpg
    SAM_1963.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 101
  • SAM_1965.jpg
    SAM_1965.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 86
  • SAM_1970.jpg
    SAM_1970.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 86
  • Screen Shot 2015-05-30 at 13.16.36.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-05-30 at 13.16.36.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_20150529_163754.jpg
    IMG_20150529_163754.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_20150529_163846.jpg
    IMG_20150529_163846.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 86
Is it on a district heating scheme? If so probably heat metered

Which do you believe is the heat source?

Looks like a hex in picture 5, hence where is the heat source to the hex coming from?

It looks as if the original boiler has been removed, and the heat in is coming in the two newish pipe at low level / from the left - where do they go to?

Is there a biomass boiler outside?

Last edited:
Is it on a district heating scheme? If so probably heat metered

Which do you believe is the heat source?

Looks like a hex in picture 5, hence where is the heat source to the hex coming from?

It looks as if the original boiler has been removed, and the heat in is coming in the two newish pipe at low level / from the left - where do they go to?

Is there a biomass boiler outside?

good call and guess :)

district heating substation that is (The LPM Group is now owned by danfoss i think)

so op there will be central boiler house with possible 2 to 3 boilers in it depending on size of estate and what kind of property is it

it does look very much like an older heat station, so a good guess would be district heating. that must be some size council house looking at the size of the existing gas meter!!!

possibly in the basement of a block where there used to be one boiler per block and now central boiler house elsewhere
allways amazes me how were warned that the meter is potentially dangerous due to its volume but gas supplier never want to take them out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I'm sorry it's been difficult reading. Is this...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Thanks mate. Been very lucky, a neighbour...
Replies
Views
Off the sound of it I would say 15/50. Not...
Replies
Views
Have to do it someday and it make sense for...
Replies
Views
Back