What type of waste? Flip / Pop Out / Click - clack? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss What type of waste? Flip / Pop Out / Click - clack? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
All,

My final job in the bathroom that has taken me two years (OOoops!) is to fit the basin. I have a counter top travertine bowl that I will be fitting to a tiled counter top.

What is the best type of waste to go for or are they all about the same in their robustness and functionality?

I have been told by a plumber and a work colleague to not bother with the pop up rod type ones as they often fail and need adjusting regularly. My girlfriend has this type in her bathroom and has never had any problems with it.

I have had three people now say that the click clack waste are the best and most reliable to go for. Though a guy in a plumbers' merchants recommended the flip variety (still can't get my head round how those things seal effectively).

Has anyone any recommendations?

Regards,

Daz

technicaly a waste doesnt always seal properly, as long it only seeps very 'unnoticably' slowly then its fine

I agree, pop up wastes are old timers now

Clicker or flip top

Personally i would say flip top, but thats just my flavour of the month

if you go for the flip over dont get the one with a rubber ring they are useless i know ive got one

Clicker waste but go for a mcalpine one some others are rubbish

Mcalpine everytime the non branded alternatives are tat and will need changing after a couple of years tops

just get one with a plug and chain simple yet effective,however if you must have a clicker buy a bristan one you will get spares when it breaks

Pop ups are a pain. I have a similar dilemma, i removed the plug from my pop up waste because it just got on my nerves. But now my children put stuff down the hole and its always blocked up.
I want a clicker waste but i have this gut feelin that my 7 year old boy will keep clicking it, then leave it shut with the tap running. Plus the amount of gunge thats lurking due to it always being blocked scares me, im in the wrong job really :)

Hudson reed do a large selection i bought myn from them last year, make sure that its under guarantee and then any probs you can go back, myn is also a click clack one, it works perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

yes because when the basin is stuck down you...
Replies
Views
R
We have bought a basin to go on top of a unit...
Replies
Views
realmil38
R
Back