What type of work do you do? | Plumbers Arms | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss What type of work do you do? in the Plumbers Arms area at Plumbers Forums

Scott_D

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
What type of work do you take on?

I mainly do:
Heating and bathroom installs on full house renovations (as a subby)
Boiler changes
Service boilers I have fitted and some gas safety checks for private landlords

Bathrooms.
Oil boiler installs and repairs.
General plumbing.
Underfloor heating.
Unvented.
Tiling.

Do my own joinery work and plastering.

I have an electrician I use for all the bathroom electrics etc and I pass on any gas work to a guy I know and he passes me oil work.

We do need build site work, normally 1 big project per year. Then do anything from tap washer changes to full house re-pipes for domestic clients and some work for small builders too.

Currently trying to expand the business but struggling to find good plumbers who work to a decent standard. Having to turn work away at the moment constantly, but would rather do that than have people do sub-standard work and ruin my reputation.

General household installations from a minor leak to full bathroom installs including tiling, plastering etc. Some landlord work which is more trouble than it's worth but now have a new contact who's got me busy doing basic plumbing in commercial premises around Liverpool. I actually get a lot of painting work too which helps break the routine now and again. No job is the same for me which is the way I like it. Love the fault finding side of things.

Industrial, commercial and domestic Plumbing, Heating & other generally related mechanical services.

No bathrooms! (apart from the odd regular customer who insist once in a blue moon)
No domestic kitchens!

Last edited:
Im a qualified electrician and 24yr experienced plumber. I do install and maintenance work, generally for commercial but some domestic as well if the client doesn't seem like a penny pinching knob end. Im most happy doing 3 or 4 small jobs a day that need some fault finding, I find it quite satisfying.

Similar plumbing topics

To my old mind operating pressure is what we...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Let them supply and fit , then it’s their...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Many thanks for the reply @Timmy D thats a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Not designed for the trap upto you in the end...
Replies
Views
Yes aslong as you remove the old washer eg any...
Replies
Views
Back