what washer if any would you use on copper cylinder unions? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss what washer if any would you use on copper cylinder unions? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Marco

Hi guys,
I've not used these before, but the 1"X22mm cylinder unions I got (fromBES) didn't come with any washers. I've tried different washers, but none seem a good fit.They are going onto a replacement unvented cylinder with 1" male connectors fitted.

Any tap cons etc Ive used before always came with washers - but these seem a slightly conical shape so maybe dont need one?

Obviously I intend to use paste/bluecol on the immersion - would you use any ptfe on the unions?

Cheers Mark

I usually go for a few wraps of ptfe and a bit of jet blue to be on the safe side. Especially if the fittings are hard to get at/hidden at the back.

The conical unions aren't meant to need washers.
Just make sure the cylinder connections are clean and undamaged.

The cone shape insert part is supposed to tighten against the inner surface of the threaded cylinder bos as you tighten it up. In practice they usually leak if you do not put some PTFE and jointing compound on them.

PTFE tape, but fibre washers are best

If you can get a fibre tap washer on then great, else you can usually find one that fits in those boxes of assorted fibre washers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Yes, The size of the external expansion...
Replies
Views
From this post, I think you’ve got a good...
Replies
Views
J
PTFE tape
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Thanks Shaun, just have to be careful with...
Replies
Views
Many thanks Shaun. I'm going to put battens on...
Replies
Views
Back