what would you class this pipe as, if any? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss what would you class this pipe as, if any? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
20140210_095816.jpg

Its literally just falling to pieces

Is it holding a test? I think I would give it a jab with a screwdriver to see how rotten it is.

It is actually a supply pipe to the meter. When touched with a screw driver it just falls apart. I called southern gas out and he just put a sniffer on it and said there is nothing he can do unless it leaks. I told him to hit with a screw driver but he wouldn't. He even got a 2nd opinion and that guy said the same. If the Landlord is worried it mightleak, then he can pay to get it upgraded.

Class it as AR, turn it off and get the householder to ring the esp again and let them turn it back on if they like. Thats about all you can do. They are a law unto themselves.

Stick a small hole in it and phone it in as a smell of gas on internal service, that will get it fixed

now that is a very good idea. Will they come and turn it back on though?
You have passed the buck making them take the decision on whether it is safe or not. They will either turn it on or replace it. Either way it is not your problem.

this is all very good to know. I just cannot believe that they will walk away from a pipe like that. the mind boggles

Safety really comes down to £££ in many cases. Being a pawn in the game all we can do is throw stones at the big boys to annoy them into acting.

Looks in a terrible state, really surprised they wouldn't want to replace it.

the I can smell gas and the customer can as well normally works from experience :), problem is well and truely in their court, even if their sniffer cant, and you ring back again saying you can smell gas :) they hate it when you do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi mate i did a fast track MLP course it was...
Replies
Views
Thanks yes I've seen that but it doesn't give...
Replies
Views
Would cap both off separately cut just below...
Replies
Views
  • Question
https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/fernox-ls-x-leak-sea...
Replies
Views
Hi How did you get on with your toilet...
Replies
Views
Back