What’s causing this noise? | The Welcome Wagon :) | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss What’s causing this noise? in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at Plumbers Forums

Hi everyone I’m a newbie 😊. I’m a landlord and one of my tenants has been complaining about an intermittent noise which I think may be coming from a neighbour upstairs but I’m not sure...does anyone recognise what might be causing the noise? It sounds like pipes banging and happens at random times of day when my tenant is eg watching tv and hasn’t touched the taps all day. Also heating is off at the moment and we have a 3 yr old vaillant combi boiler in another area of flat so can’t see it’s that. Any help would be so appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Hello and welcome to plumbers forums. The noise (albeit muffled) sounds either like a stopcock jumper flipping open and closed, or a solenoid of some sort. Have you spoken with the neighbour?

Thanks so much for your replies! I have tried to speak to one neighbour but had to put a note through their door. My tenant has and asked about his noisy boiler which is at least 20 feet away but maybe It’s related. Also it’s coming from an area where 4 flats meet including mine(!) so unsure which one it is. Sorry to be ignorant but what is a stopcock jumper or solenoid? I don’t think there’s a dishwasher but could be a washing machine although the neighbour I think it is, is a single oap so unlikely to be doing washing as often as the noise comes (which is every day at random times) thx 😊

Similar plumbing topics

K
  • Question
Hi All, Update on the water pipes knocking...
Replies
Views
kcoh193
K
The d51 trick, but unless he told you how much...
Replies
Views
L
Have you heard the noise in your house? Have...
Replies
Views
Back